- July 16, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Chili, NY – An accident between a motorcycle and a car occurred on Friday, July 15, 2022, around 9 p.m. near Morgan Road and Union Street.
According to authorities, an 18-year-old woman driving the car pulled out in front of the motorcycle. The driver of the motorcycle, James E. Lee III, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Negligent drivers of cars or trucks are the cause of most motorcycle accidents. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Driver accident history
- Police accident report
- Any testing of the driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of the driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Accident history at this intersection
- Determination if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- Determination if road signage is clear and up to code
- Any video evidence of the crash
Car and truck drivers have a duty to always exercise safety precautions to avoid hitting motorcyclists.
Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest personal injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in motorcycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Disobeying traffic laws
- Alcohol or drug use
- Texting and driving
- Inexperienced driving
If you or a family member have been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Morgan Road and Union Street