- May 26, 2022
- Barnes Admin
San Diego, CA – A crash between a Harley Davidson motorcycle and a Toyota Prius occurred just before 8 p.m. on Wednesday, May 25, 2022. The crash occurred at the intersection of Lincoln Avenue and 30th Street.
According to San Diego Police, the driver of the Prius was making a left turn and struck the oncoming motorcyclist. The driver of the motorcycle was taken to the hospital with fractures to his left femur and left ankle. The cause of the crash in under investigation.
Left-hand turns account for 40% of motorcycle accidents each year. Anyone injured in a motorcycle accident should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Blind spots on the vehicle
- Timing of traffic signals
- Video from dry cleaner, auto shop, or restaurants at this intersection
- Police accident report
- Any testing of the driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Accident history at this intersection
- Evaluation if road is striped per code
- Inspection of road conditions and signage
- Inspection of intersection
Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in motorcycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Disobeying traffic laws
- Alcohol or drug use
- Texting and driving
- Inexperienced driving
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Lincoln Avenue and 30th Street