- June 20, 2022
- Barnes Admin
San Diego, CA – A motorcyclist was struck by a tow truck on Monday, June 20, 2022, at the intersection of Market and 13th streets. The crash happened shortly before 5 p.m.
According to police, a 42-year-old tow truck driver failed to stop at a red light and crashed into a 29-year-old motorcyclist. The motorcyclist suffered injuries, including a perforated spleen, an open fracture to his left tibia/fibula and a fractured left foot.
Negligent drivers are one of the main causes of motorcycle accidents. Anyone injured in a motorcycle accident should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Timing of traffic signals
- Video from the truck
- Route the truck was traveling
- Police accident report
- Any testing of the driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Accident history at this intersection
- Video from restaurants located on this corner
- Evaluation if road is striped per code
- Inspection of road conditions and signage
- Inspection of intersection
Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in motorcycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Disobeying traffic laws
- Alcohol or drug use
- Texting and driving
- Inexperienced driving
If you or a loved one have been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – 13th Street & Market Street