- August 3, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Motorcyclist Hospitalized After Crash with Truck
Rochester, NY – A collision between a motorcycle and a flatbed truck occurred on Wednesday, August 3, 2022, around 6 a.m. The crash occurred at Ridgeway Avenue and Mt. Read Boulevard.
According to police, the truck was turning onto Mt. Read Boulevard when it crashed into an oncoming motorcycle. The motorcyclist was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital with lower extremity injuries. Police are investigating the cause of the accident.
Negligent drivers are one of the main causes of motorcycle accidents. Anyone injured in a motorcycle accident should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Timing of traffic signals
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Video from the truck
- Route the truck was traveling
- Police accident report
- Any testing of the driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Accident history at this intersection
- Evaluation if road is striped per code
- Inspection of road conditions and signage
- Inspection of intersection
- Any video evidence of the crash
- All eyewitness accounts of the crash
Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest personal injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in motorcycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Disobeying traffic laws
- Alcohol or drug use
- Texting and driving
- Inexperienced driving
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.