- May 26, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Mother and Baby Injured on Staten Island
Staten Island, NY – A mother and her baby were struck by a vehicle on Thursday, May 26, 2022, around 7:05 a.m. They were crossing Abbott Street at Scarboro Avenue.
The child was rushed to Staten Island University Hospital North in critical condition. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Over 50,000 children are injured each year in pedestrian accidents. In this accident, the family of those injured should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes reviewing:
- Driver accident history
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Video from any homes on this corner
- Evaluation if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Evaluation is road signage is clear and up to code
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Inspection of the road conditions
- Vehicle blind spots
- Driving records
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible and have found some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Backing up unsafely
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact an experienced pedestrian accident attorney at The Barnes Firm today. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Abbott Street at Scarboro Avenue