- June 30, 2023
- Barnes Admin
Moorpark Amtrak Derailment Leaves 16 Injured
Moorpark, CA – An Amtrak train partially derailed in Moorpark on Wednesday, June 28, 2023, after colliding with a water truck, resulting in injuries to more than a dozen people. The incident occurred around 11:30 a.m. near Los Angeles Avenue, as the train was on its way from L.A.’s Union Station to Washington State. The train had a total of 186 passengers and 13 crew members on board at the time of the collision. Out of the seven cars, three came off the tracks but remained upright, tilting sideways. Sixteen individuals from the train were taken to hospitals with injuries, while the truck driver was transported to a local trauma center in critical condition.
Unfortunately, there are over 5,000 train crashes each year in the United States. In this horrible accident, those injured should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the crash. This includes reviewing:
- Evaluation of train safety guidelines
- The route the train was traveling
- The route the truck was travelling
- Accident history at this train crossing
- All eyewitness accounts of the crash
- Speed the train was traveling
- Train maintenance history
- Police accident report
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Accident history on this road
Railroad Accident Attorneys
Railroad accidents occur daily, and, in most cases, there are often warning signs that have been ignored by train operators and railroad owners. At The Barnes Firm, our experienced team of attorneys have a proven track record of success in handling railroad injuries. There are complexities to these cases where our experience will be extremely valuable.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a railroad accident, contact an experienced railroad accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
The Barnes Firm: (800) 800-0000