- March 8, 2023
- Barnes Admin
Manhattan Wall Collapse Leaves One Worker Dead and Three Injured
Manhattan, NY – A wall collapse at a demolition site at 126 Lafayette St. occurred on Tuesday, March 7, 2023.
According to reports, the RJB Contracting Carting Corp. workers were on the second floor when a wall collapsed onto several of them. One worker died following the collapse, and three others were transported to the hospital.
According to the Department of Buildings, a partial stop work order was issued on February 7 for multiple violations but was later lifted.
Construction sites are extremely dangerous places to work and result in over 150,000 injuries on job sites each year. In this horrible accident, it is essential for the injured victims and their families to have an independent legal investigation performed to preserve evidence. This includes reviewing:
- Evaluation of demolition site working conditions
- Evaluation if demolition site safety regulations were up to code
- Determination of the stability of walls at this demolition site
- Any environmental factors that may have contributed
- If the previous violations caused the collapse
- Should the stop work order have been lifted
- What role other companies played in the building’s lack of stability
- If all city permits were valid
Construction companies and supervisors have a responsibility to assure all safety measures are in place and guideline are being followed.
Construction Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest personal injury firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in construction accidents. When someone suffers an injury at a construction site, they could be entitled to significant financial compensation. If you or a loved one has been injured in a construction accident, the experienced construction accident attorneys at The Barnes Firm are here to help you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.