- April 29, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Manhattan, NY – 82-year-old, Fahri Boumechal, died after being hit by a school bus while crossing East 37th Street and 2nd Avenue. The crash happened just before noon on April 29, 2022.
According to police, Boumechal was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. There were no children on board the bus at the time of the collision.
On average, there are over 60,000 bus accidents each year. In this bus accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the crash. This includes reviewing:
- Vehicle blind spots
- Driving records
- The route the bus was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Evaluation is crosswalk is located and striped per code
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Inspection of intersection
- Accident history at the intersection
- Evaluation if road is striped per code
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
Bus Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bus accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
Our trusted and experienced bus accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bus accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – East 37th Street and 2nd Avenue