- August 30, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Elmont, NY – A two-vehicle crash occurred on Monday, August 29, 2022, around 10 p.m. The crash happened on Dutch Broadway and Harriet Street.
According to reports, a 2004 Yamaha motorcycle and a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder were involved in the collision. The driver and passenger of the motorcycle suffered serious injuries in the collision. The driver of the Pathfinder also suffered injuries. The investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Unfortunately, over 90,000 motorcyclists are injured in accidents each year in the United States. Anyone involved in a motorcycle accident should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Blind spots on the vehicle
- Video from businesses on this corner
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Police accident report
- Timing of traffic signals
- Any testing of the driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Accident history at this intersection
- Evaluation if road is striped per code
- Inspection of road conditions and signage
- Inspection of intersection
Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest personal injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in motorcycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Disobeying traffic laws
- Alcohol or drug use
- Texting and driving
- Inexperienced driving
If you or a loved one have been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.