- April 19, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Tuxedo, NY – A head-on-crash between a sedan and a tree service truck left one dead. The crash occurred around 7:30 a.m. on Monday April 18, 2022, on Route 17.
The driver of the sedan was rushed to the hospital where they later died. The State Police Collision Reconstruction Unit is investigating the cause of the crash.
The victim has been identified as 23-year-old Ahken Chu.
Truck accidents claim the lives of over 5,000 people each year. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should perform an independent legal investigation and preserve evidence. This includes reviewing:
- Driving records
- Video from the truck
- Blind spots on the truck
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Route the truck was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Dispatcher notes regarding the trip
- Copy of company’s driver attentiveness system report
- Police accident report
- Any testing of the driver for alcohol and drugs
- Any history of driver with alcohol and drugs
- Video evidence of the crash
- Inspection of road conditions
- All eyewitness account of the crash
- Determination if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Determination if Highway signage is up to code
Truck Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in truck accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Improperly secured loads and equipment
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, contact an experienced truck accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Route 17