- July 28, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Northport, NY – A head-on collision involving a box truck and a pickup truck occurred in front of 84 Fort Salonga Road on Thursday, July 28, 2022. The crash happened at 4:40 p.m.
According to Suffolk County police, the pickup truck, driven by Kenneth Gallagher, collided head-on with a box truck. Gallagher was taken by helicopter to Stony Brook University Hospital. The driver of the box truck, Dylan Bradshaw, was taken to St. Catherine of Siena Hospital. The crash is under investigation.
Unfortunately, truck accidents account for over 500,000 motor vehicle accidents each year. It is critical for the family of anyone involved in a serious crash to perform an independent legal investigation and preserve evidence. This includes reviewing:
- Driving records
- Video from the truck
- Driver overtime records
- Blinds spots on the truck
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Route the truck was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Video evidence of the crash
- Vehicle accident history
- Determination if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Inspection of road conditions
- All eyewitness accounts of the crash
Truck Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in truck accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Improperly secured loads and equipment
Our trusted and experienced truck accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in tractor-trailer accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.