- September 15, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Father and Son Struck By Vehicle While Riding Bicycles
Linden, NJ – A father and his 4-year-old son were struck by a vehicle while riding bicycles on Thursday, September 15, 2022. The accident occurred at Roselle Street and East St. Georges Avenue around 7:25 a.m.
According to police, the bicyclists were crossing East St. Georges Avenue when they were struck by a left-turning vehicle. The boy was seriously injured and transferred to University Hospital. His father also suffered injuries in the accident.
Over 130,000 bicyclists are injured each year in the United States. In this accident, the injured bicyclists should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident report
- Driver accident history
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Vehicle blind spots
- Inspection of road conditions
- Timing of traffic signals
- Video from gas station or car lot on this corner
- Evaluation if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Inspection of road conditions and signage
- Accident history at the intersection
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver distracted by their phone
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
At The Barnes Firm, our experienced and trusted bicycle accident attorneys have helped more than 50,000 clients get the best possible result for their case. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.