- November 21, 2022
- Barnes Admin
DUI Driver hits 2 Pedestrians in Marked Crosswalk
Los Angeles, CA – An accident involving a Lexus sedan and two pedestrians occurred on Saturday, November 19, 2022, around 11:40 p.m. The collision happened at the intersection of South Olive Street and West 9th Street.
According to the Los Angeles Police Department, a Lexus sedan was driving the wrong-way down a one- way street when he struck two pedestrians in a marked crosswalk at the intersection. The man continued and crashed head-on into another vehicle waiting at a red light. Both pedestrians were taken seriously injured and taken to the hospital. One pedestrian was later pronounced dead at the hospital. The driver of the vehicle was arrested on suspicion of felony driving under the influence.
Driving under the influence causes more than 17,000 unfortunate deaths each year in the United States. It is critical for anyone involved in a serious crash and their families to have an independent legal investigation performed to preserve evidence. This includes reviewing:
- How much alcohol was in the driver’s system
- Where the driver was drinking
- Any video evidence of the crash
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Police accident report
- Any testing of the driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Accident history on this road
- Evaluation if road is striped per code
- Timing of traffic signals
- Inspection of road conditions and signage
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible. While handling several of these cases, attorneys at The Barnes Firm have found common causes of pedestrian accidents usually include one or more of the following:
- Texting and driving
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
Our trusted and experienced pedestrian accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.