- July 27, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Child Injured After Being Hit by Motorcycle
Buffalo, NY – A child was hit by a motorcycle at the intersection of East Delavan Avenue and Courtland Avenue on Tuesday, July 26, 2022. The accident happened just after 7:15 p.m.
According to Buffalo Police, the pedestrian was believed to be 11 years old. She was taken to Oishei Children’s Hospital with injuries. The accident is under investigation.
Unfortunately, over 50,000 children are injured in pedestrian accidents each year. In this accident, the family of the injured child should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes reviewing:
- Driver accident history
- Police accident report
- Vehicle accident history
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Video from barber shop or food store located on this corner
- Evaluation if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Evaluation is road signage is clear and up to code
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Inspection of the road conditions
- Vehicle blind spots
- Driving records
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm, has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible and have found some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Texting and driving
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact an experienced pedestrian accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.