- August 10, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Bus Accident Leaves One Dead and Multiple Injured
Woodbridge Township, NJ – A bus traveling from New York City to Philadelphia crashed on the southbound entrance ramp to the Thomas Edison Service Area of the New Jersey Turnpike. The collision occurred on Tuesday, August 9, 2022, around 7 p.m.
According to New Jersey State Police, the double-decker bus collided with a Ford F-150 pickup truck and overturned. One bus passenger was killed in the crash and nineteen others were injured. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Unfortunately, there are over 60,000 bus accidents each year. In this bus accident, those injured should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the crash. This includes reviewing:
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Accident history at the intersection
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Video from the bus
- Video from Thomas Edison Service Area
- Route the bus was traveling
- Bus maintenance history
- Vehicle blind spots
Bus Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bus accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
Our trusted and experienced bus accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bus accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.