- March 7, 2023
- Barnes Admin
Buffalo Worker Dies in Delaware Avenue Fall
Buffalo, NY – A construction worker fell from a seventh story patio while working on a building near the 1100 block of Delaware Avenue. The accident happened on Monday, March 6, 2023, around 1 p.m.
According to Buffalo Police, the worker, a 49-year-old man from Lancaster, sustained life-threatening injuries in the fall and later passed away. The cause of the incident remains under investigation.
Unfortunately, falls are one of the most common injuries that occur on construction sites. In this terrible accident, it is essential that the family of the victim to have an independent legal investigation performed to preserve evidence. This includes reviewing:
- Evaluation of construction site working conditions
- Evaluation if construction site safety regulations are up to code
- Determination if proper guardrails, safety nets, and fall arrest systems were in place
- The stability of the building and patio
- Any debris that could have caused the worker to fall
- Any environmental factors that may have caused the fall
- If all city permits were valid
Construction Accident Attorneys
Over 150,000 workers are injured on construction sites each year. At The Barnes Firm, our team of personal injury attorneys have helped many clients, and their families, injured in construction accidents get the financial compensation they deserve. From the initial phone conversation, through to the final settlement, our team of construction accident attorneys will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.