- May 29, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Brooklyn Pedestrian Killed in Crash
Brooklyn, NY – A pedestrian was killed at the intersection of West 1st Street and Avenue P on Sunday, May 29, 2022, around 10:15 a.m.
According to NYPD, a Cadillac SUV collided with a Hyundai Sonata and then hit 65-year-old Jun Jin Yang crossing West 1st Street. An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Unfortunately, there are over 6,500 pedestrian accident deaths each year. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Timing of traffic signals
- Video from school or apartment building on this corner
- Inspection of road conditions
- Accident history at this intersection
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible and have found some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Backing up unsafely
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact an experienced pedestrian accident attorney at The Barnes Firm today. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – West 1st Street and Avenue P