- August 31, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Brooklyn, NY – A bicyclist was struck by a tractor trailer on Tuesday, August 30, 2022, at Pennsylvania Avenue and Linden Boulevard.
According to police, a 44-year-old man was riding his bicycle along Pennsylvania Avenue when he was struck by a tractor trailer turning onto Linden Boulevard. The bicyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding this crash.
Nearly 1,000 bicyclists die in accidents in the United States each year. In this horrible accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes:
- Police accident report
- Evaluation if crosswalks are located and striped per code
- Video from the truck
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Copy of company’s driver attentiveness system
- Any testing of driver for alcohol and drugs
- Any history of driver with alcohol and drugs
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Driver overtime records
- The route the truck was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driving records
- Timing of traffic signals
- Dispatcher notes regarding this trip
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Video from gas stations or restaurants at this intersection
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver distracted by their phone
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Our trusted and experienced bicycle accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bicycle accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.