- March 17, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Richmond, CA – A big rig jackknifed in a crash on Interstate Highway 580 around 11 a.m. on Thursday, March 17, 2022. According to California Highway Patrol, the crash blocked the left lanes of the highway.
Injuries were reported in the crash.
Truck accidents account for over 5,000 deaths each year in the United States. Most jackknifing accidents occur due to truck driver’s negligence or fault.
Semi-Truck Accident Investigations
In this accident, the injured victims should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes reviewing:
- Driving records
- Video from the truck
- Driver overtime records
- Blind spots on the truck
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Route the truck was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Determination if highway signage is up to code
- Vehicle accident history
- Dispatcher notes regarding the trip
- Determine if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Copy of company’s driver attentiveness system report
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for alcohol and drugs
- Any history of driver with alcohol and drugs
- Inspection of freeway road conditions
- Accident history on freeway
- Video evidence of the crash
- Eyewitness accounts of the crash
It is important to evaluate all vehicles and debris involved in any truck accident to help determine causation and speed.
Semi-Truck Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in commercial trucking accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
- Improperly secured loads and equipment
At The Barnes Firm, we know a truck accident can be a life-changing-event. If you, or a family member has been injured in a semi-truck accident, call us today at (800) 800-0000 to speak with one of our experienced truck accident attorneys. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Interstate Highway 580 in Richmond, CA