- April 20, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Greenwich, CT – A bicyclist was struck and injured by a truck near the intersection of Shore Road and Grass Island Road. The accident occurred at 11:45 a.m. on Wednesday, April 20, 2022.
The bicyclist was seriously injured and transported to the hospital. The Greenwich Police Traffic Reconstruction Unit is investigating the incident.
Inattentive drivers cause hundreds of bicycle accidents every year. In this horrible accident, the injured bicyclist should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes:
- Police accident report
- Driver accident history
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- The route the truck was traveling
- Vehicle blind spots
- Driving records
- Driver overtime records
- Evaluation if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Inspection of road conditions and signage
- Accident history at the intersection
- Inspection of intersection
Bicycle accidents can happen anywhere at any time, but most bicycle accidents can be traced back to an inattentive driver.
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driver distracted by their phone
At The Barnes Firm, our experienced and trusted bicycle accident attorneys have helped more than 50,000 clients get the best possible result for their case. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash –Intersection of Shore Road and Grass Island Road