- June 1, 2022
- Barnes Admin
San Francisco, CA – A crash between a bicycle and a car occurred around 4 a.m. on Wednesday, June 1, 2022. The collision occurred near the intersection of Oak Street and Octavia Boulevard.
According to police, a male bicyclist was hit by the car. He was pronounced dead at the scene. The accident is under investigation.
Nearly 1,000 bicyclists die in accidents in the United States each year. In this horrible accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes:
- Police accident report
- Driver accident history
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Timing of traffic signals
- Evaluation if crosswalks are located and striped per code
- Accident history on this road
Automobile drivers have the responsibility to drive in a safe and attentive manner and always be aware of bicyclists.
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver distracted by their phone
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Our trusted and experienced bicycle accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bicycle accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Oak Street and Octavia Boulevard