- May 2, 2022
- Barnes Admin
San Jose, CA – A bicyclist died on Sunday, May 1, 2022, around 9 p.m. crossing Capitol Expressway near Tuers Road.
According to police, the bicyclist was attempting to cross the road when he was struck by a 2007 Nissan sedan. The bicyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Inattentive drivers cause hundreds of bicycle accidents every year. In this horrible accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes:
- Police accident report
- Driver accident history
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Video from restaurant on this corner
- Evaluation if road signage is clear and up to code
- Evaluation if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Accident history at the intersection
- Inspection of road conditions
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver distracted by their phone
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
At The Barnes Firm, our experienced and trusted bicycle accident attorneys have helped more than 50,000 clients get the best possible result for their case. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Capitol Expressway near Tuers Road