- May 23, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Sacramento, CA – A crash between a Sacramento garbage truck and a bicycle occurred on Monday, May 23, 2022, around 8:45 a.m. The crash happened at Deer Lake Drive and La Tarriga Way.
The bicyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. The cause of the collision remains under investigation.
Inattentive drivers cause hundreds of bicycle accidents every year. In this horrible accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes:
- Police accident report
- Driver accident history
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Video from any homes located on this corner
- Evaluation if road signage is clear and up to code
- Evaluation if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Accident history on this road
- Inspection of roadway conditions
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver distracted by their phone
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Our experienced and trusted bicycle accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bicycle accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Deer Lake Drive and La Tarriga Way