- April 5, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Montclair Township, NJ – 57-year-old Eric Boehlert, founder and editor or Press Run, was struck and killed on Monday, April 4, 2022, around 9:30 p.m. by a NJ Transit train while riding his bicycle. The train was headed from Hoboken to Hackettstown when it struck the bicyclist prior to the Watchung Avenue station in Montclair Township.
No injuries were reported to anyone on board the train. New Jersey Transit police are investigating the accident.
Over 70% of all fatal bicycle accidents happen on urban streets. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident report
- Evaluation if railroad crossings are clear and up to code
- Accident history on the road
- Evaluation if road is striped per code
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- All Eyewitness accounts of the accident
- The route the train was traveling
- Evaluation if road signage is clear and up to code
- Timing of traffic signals
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found the most common causes include:
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver distracted by their phone
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Our trusted and experienced bicycle accident attorneys have helped thousands injured in bicycle accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Watchung Avenue station in Montclair Township