- September 27, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Bicyclist Killed by FedEx Truck
North Hills, NY – A bicyclist was fatally stuck by a FedEx truck on Tuesday, September 27, 2022, the North Service Road of the Long Island Expressway near the intersection of Searingtown Road. The incident happened just after 9 a.m.
According to authorities, a 56-year-old man was riding his bicycle when he was hit by a 25-year-old driving a FedEx truck. The bicyclist sustained serious injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. Police are investigating the accident.
Nearly 1,000 bicyclists die in accidents in the United States each year. In this horrible accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes:
- Police accident report
- Video from the truck
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Copy of company’s driver attentiveness system
- Any testing of driver for alcohol and drugs
- Any history of driver with alcohol and drugs
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Driver overtime records
- Timing of traffic signals
- The route the truck was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driving records
- Dispatcher notes regarding this trip
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Any video evidence of the crash
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver distracted by their phone
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Our trusted and experienced bicycle accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bicycle accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.