- January 22, 2023
- Barnes Admin
Bicyclist Injured in Rear-end Collision
San Diego, CA – On Saturday, January 21, 2023, a 63-year-old man riding a beach cruiser was injured after being struck by a vehicle in the Morena neighborhood of San Diego. According to the San Diego Police Department, the bicyclist was riding without lights or reflectors north on 4900 Pacific Highway when the incident occurred.
A 41-year-old man driving a white 2008 Toyota Corolla was traveling north on 4800 Pacific Highway when, for unknown reasons, the vehicle closed in on the beach cruiser and rear-ended the bicyclist. The rider was taken to the hospital with multiple serious fractures. The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
On average, over 45,000 bicyclists are injured each year in bicycle accidents. In this horrible accident, the injured victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes reviewing:
- Driver accident history
- Police accident report
- Vehicle accident history
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Evaluation if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Evaluation is road signage is clear and up to code
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Inspection of the road conditions
- Vehicle blind spots
- Driving records
- Accident history on this roadway
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver distracted by their phone
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
At The Barnes Firm, our experienced and trusted bicycle accident attorneys have helped more than 50,000 clients get the best possible result for their case. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.