- July 21, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Bicyclist Injured in Brooklyn Crash
Brooklyn, NY – An accident between a bicycle and a Honda car occurred on Thursday, July 21, 2022, just after 3 a.m. The crash occurred at the intersection of Eastern Parkway and Buffalo Avenue.
According to reports, the Honda struck the bicyclist and continued, hitting a stop sign. The bicyclist suffered serious injuries and was transported to Brookdale University Hospital in critical condition. The crash is under investigation.
Over 130,000 bicyclists are injured each year in the United States. In this accident, the injured bicyclist should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident report
- Driver accident history
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Vehicle blind spots
- Inspection of road conditions
- Timing of traffic signals
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Evaluation if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Inspection of road conditions and signage
- Accident history at the intersection
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver distracted by their phone
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
At The Barnes Firm, our experienced and trusted bicycle accident attorneys have helped more than 50,000 clients get the best possible result for their case. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.