- May 18, 2022
- Barnes Admin
San Diego, CA – A bicyclist was injured after being struck by an SUV in a crosswalk on Wednesday, May 18, 2022. The crash occurred around 5:25 p.m. at State Route 56 and Camino Del Sur.
According to police, a woman on her bicycle was in a crosswalk when an 80-year-old driver in a Volvo XC90 turned right onto Camino Del Sur, hitting the bicyclist. The woman was injured and transported to the hospital. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Inattentive drivers cause hundreds of bicycle accidents every year. In this horrible accident, the injured bicyclist should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident report
- Driver accident history
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Vehicle blind spots
- Inspection of road conditions
- Video from any homes or churches located on this corner
- Evaluation if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Inspection of road conditions and signage
- Accident history at the intersection
Bicycle accidents can happen anywhere at any time, but most bicycle accidents can be traced back to an inattentive driver.
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver distracted by their phone
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
At The Barnes Firm, our experienced and trusted bicycle accident attorneys have helped more than 50,000 clients get the best possible result for their case. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – State Route 56 and Camino Del Sur