- March 19, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Brighton, NY – 23-year-old, Deaveon Davis was struck and killed by an SUV around 7 a.m. on Saturday, March 19, 2022. The crash occurred on Linden Avenue, between Glen Road and I-490.
Brighton Police say Davis was pronounced dead at the scene. The investigation into this crash is ongoing.
Inattentive drivers cause hundreds of bicycle accidents every year. In this horrible accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes:
- Police accident report
- Driver accident history
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All Eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Role weather conditions played in the crash
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Evaluation if bicycle lanes are located and striped per code
- Accident history on this road
Automobile drivers have the responsibility to drive in a safe and attentive manner and always be aware of bicyclists.
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found the most common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist.
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot.
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light).
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist.
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Driver distracted by their phone
Our trusted and experienced bicycle accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bicycle accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Linden Road, between Glen Road and I-490