- July 26, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Manhattan, NY – A 28-year-old woman was struck and killed by a tractor trailer while riding a Citi bike on Tuesday, July 26, 2022. The crash happened on East 85th street between Madison and Park avenues around 10:50 a.m.
According to the New York Police Department, the woman was taken to Weill Cornell Medical Center with severe head trauma and later succumbed to her injuries. East 85th Street is not among the official truck routes that commercial vehicles are supposed to use in New York City. The accident is under investigation.
Nearly 1,000 bicyclists die in accidents in the United States each year. In this horrible accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes:
- Police accident report
- Evaluation why there are no bicycle lanes on this street
- Video from the truck
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Copy of company’s driver attentiveness system
- Any testing of driver for alcohol and drugs
- Any history of driver with alcohol and drugs
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Driver overtime records
- The route the truck was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driving records
- Dispatcher notes regarding this trip
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Video from apartment buildings, high school, or church on this road
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver distracted by their phone
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Our trusted and experienced bicycle accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bicycle accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.