- August 15, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Bicyclist Fatally Struck by Motorcycle
Carlsbad, CA – A crash between a motorcycle and a bicycle occurred on Monday, August 15, 2022. The accident took place on Carlsbad Boulevard near Palomar Airport Road around 1 p.m.
According to police, the motorcycle was fleeing from an officer trying to pull him over for speeding and reckless riding when the motorcycle struck the bicyclist. The bicyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. The motorcycle driver and passenger were taken to the hospital with severe injuries. The crash is under investigation.
Nearly 1,000 bicyclists die in accidents in the United States each year. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes:
- Police accident report
- Driver accident history
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Timing of traffic signals
- Accident history on this road
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver distracted by their phone
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Our trusted and experienced bicycle accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bicycle accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.