- April 4, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Bridgewater Township, NJ – A 22-year-old pickup truck driver struck and killed a female juvenile bicyclist on Saturday, April 2, 2022, around 6 p.m. The accident occurred at the intersection of Fulton Avenue and 3rd Street.
The bicyclist was taken to Robert Wood Johnson Hospital Somerset and pronounced dead. The crash is still under investigation.
The victim was identified as 11-year-old Hamilton Primary.
Unfortunately, over 800 cyclists were killed on U.S. roads last year. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes reviewing:
- Blind spots on this vehicle
- Video from any home surveillance footage on this corner
- Driving records
- Driver overtime records
- Driver accident history
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All Eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Accident history on the street
- Inspection of roadway conditions
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
At The Barnes Firm, our experienced and trusted attorneys have helped more than 50,000 clients get the best result possible and have found some common causes of bicycle accidents include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driver distracted by their phone
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle crash, contact an experienced bicycle accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Intersection of Fulton Avenue and 3rd Street