Personal Injury Attorney – The Barnes Firm Los Angeles, CA
(800) 800-0000 Phone
Robert Abiri, a Senior Trial Attorney at The Barnes Firm, has been a licensed attorney for over 13 years. He began his career specializing in tort defense litigation, where he participated in all aspects of litigation, from pre-litigation research and evaluation, through mediations and settlement conferences, and concluding in trials and appellate proceedings. As his career progressed Robert moved to fighting for and advocating for those clients on the Plaintiff’s side. He now uses his past knowledge and experience from the defense side to achieve optimal results for his clients in their time of need. This also allows him to bring a unique perspective to personal injury cases that allows maximum recovery for his clients.
Robert also knows what it is like to go through a substantial injury and have your life turned upside down, even if it is only temporarily. Last year Robert underwent extensive spine surgery, spending time in a hospital and months in the recovery process. He personally understands the need to focus on getting better and healthier, rather than dealing with insurance companies, adjusters, medical bills and all the other ancillary issues that naturally arise when one is dealing with an injury. Robert is a strong believer of “taking the load off” his clients by dealing with all these issues, allowing the client to fully recover as best he or she can.
Growing up on the east coast, Robert now resides in Los Angeles. He is licensed to practice in California, New York and Washington D.C.
- Senior Trial Attorney – The Barnes Firm, L.C. (2019 – Present)
- Partner – Abiri & Szeto LLP (2009 – 2019)
- Associate Attorney – Best, Best & Krieger LLP (2006 – 2009)
Honors & Professional Accomplishments:
- Named by Super Lawyers to its Southern California Rising Stars list as one of the top attorneys in Southern California for seven consecutive years (2012 – Present)
- Secured an appellate reversal on a personal injury ruling by drafting and arguing the appeal in front of the California Court of Appeals, Fourth Appellate District (Case No. G054603, Opinion Dated 06/27/18.)
- Serving as an update author and editor for the Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB) treatises since 2011, specifically the California Tort Guide and California Tort Damages
- Authored an article in the Daily Journal, California’s largest legal news provider, regarding the controversial effects of Proposition 51 in personal injury cases (“Dodging the Effects of Proposition 51” [June 10, 2011])
- Juris Doctorate – University of California School of Law, Los Angeles
- Bachelor’s Degree – University of California, Los Angeles
- New York
- Washington D.C (inactive)
- United States Federal District Courts
- Central District of California
Slip and Fall Injuries
Broken Bones and Fractures
Cruise Ship Injuries
Jones Act Injuries