- April 24, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Oakland, CA – A 91-year-old man is dead after being hit by a car in a marked crosswalk. The crash occurred at 7 a.m. on Friday, April 22, 2022, at Telegraph Avenue and 20th Street.
According to police, the vehicle turned onto 20th Street and hit the man as he was crossing the street. The man was taken to a local hospital, where he died around 11 p.m. on Friday night. The collision is under investigation.
The victim was identified as Dao Cheng Zhu by the Alameda County Coroner’s Office.
Last year, over 6,000 pedestrians were killed in traffic collisions in the United States. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes reviewing:
- Video from apartment buildings, restaurant, or store on this corner
- Driving records
- Any testing of the driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Police accident report
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Driver accident history
- Accident history at this intersection
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Evaluation if crosswalks are located and striped per code
- Timing of traffic signals
- Inspection of the intersection
Drivers have the responsibility to always drive in a safe and attentive manner and be aware of pedestrians.
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible and have found some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Backing up unsafely
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact an experienced pedestrian accident attorney at The Barnes Firm today. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Telegraph Avenue & 20th Street