- April 23, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Queens, NY – An 89-year-old woman is in critical condition after being hit by a car on Saturday, April 23, 2022, around 2:30 p.m. The woman was crossing 48th Street when a Dodge Durango made a left turn out of a BJ’s Wholesale Club parking lot and hit her.
The pedestrian was transported to the hospital in critical condition. NYPD Highway District’s Collision Investigation Squad is investigating the cause of the collision.
Irresponsible drivers cause thousands of pedestrian accidents every year. Anyone injured in a pedestrian accident should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes reviewing:
- Vehicle blind spots
- Driving records
- Driver overtime records
- Driver accident history
- Video from BJ’s Wholesale Club, Dunkin Donuts, or plaza on this street
- Police accident repot
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Inspection of road conditions
- Evaluation if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Accident history on the road
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible and have found some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Backing up unsafely
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact an experienced pedestrian accident attorney at The Barnes Firm today. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – BJ’s Wholesale Club, 48th Street