- May 7, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Bronx, NY – 72-year-old John Dellacava was struck and killed on Saturday, May 7, 2022, around 8:15p.m. Dellacava was hit by a car while crossing East Tremont and Roosevelt Avenues in his battery powered wheelchair.
According to police, a 25-year-old woman struck Dellacava. He was transported to the hospital where he later died of his injuries. According to an eyewitness, drivers often speed through this dangerous intersection, which does not have crosswalks or traffic signals.
Unfortunately, there are over 6,500 pedestrian accident deaths each year. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident repot
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Video from urgent care, pharmacy, or repair shop on this corner
- Inspection of intersection
- Accident history at this intersection
- Determination why there are no crosswalks or traffic signals at this intersection
- Inspection of road conditions
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible and have found some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Backing up unsafely
Our trusted and experienced pedestrian accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – East Tremont and Roosevelt Avenues