- July 28, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Long Beach, CA – A 7-year-old boy was hit by a pickup truck on Wednesday, July 27, 2022, at Lakewood Boulevard and 23rd Street. The crash happened around 5:20 p.m.
According to the Long Beach Police Department, the boy and his father were crossing in a marked crosswalk on 23rd Street when they were hit by a 2005 Dodge Ram driven by James Barnes. The pedestrians had the right-of-way pedestrian signal when the incident occurred. Barnes was arrested on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence and later released.
Last year, over 2,000 children died in pedestrian accidents. In this devastating accident, the family of the victim should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes reviewing:
- Driver accident history
- Police accident report
- Timing of traffic signals
- Determination if crosswalks are located and striped per code
- Vehicle accident history
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Evaluation is road signage is clear and up to code
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Inspection of the intersection
- Vehicle blind spots
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm, has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents and have found some common causes include:
- Distracted Driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Backing up unsafely
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact an experienced pedestrian accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.