- May 24, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Fremont, CA – A vehicle hit and killed a 7-year-old riding a bicycle on Friday, May 20, 2022, around 3:45 p.m. The accident occurred on Montrose Avenue.
The child was taken to the hospital where he later died. The crash is under investigation.
The victim was identified as Harit Patel.
Last year, over 1 million children were hospitalized for bicycle-related accidents. In this accident, the family of the child should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the crash. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident report
- Driver accident history
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness account of the accident
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Inspection of road conditions
- Accident history on the road
Automobile drivers have the responsibility to drive in a safe and attentive manner and always be aware of bicyclists.
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver distracted by their phone
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Our experienced and trusted bicycle accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bicycle accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Montrose Avenue