- July 21, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Bronx, NY – A school bus carrying 37 people overturned on Thursday, July 21, 2022. The accident happened around 5:55 a.m. on Hutchinson River Parkway.
According to the New York City Police Department, the bus attempted to take an exit ramp and overturned. Thirty-six passengers were injured and taken to area hospitals. The school bus was carrying bus drivers who work for New York City’s summer kids’ programming. The accident is under investigation.
Unfortunately, there are over 60,000 bus accidents that occur each year in the United States. In this accident, those injured should have their investigative team perform an independent legal investigation to evaluate all aspects surrounding the crash. This includes reviewing:
- Driving records
- The route the bus was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Video from the bus
- Speed the bus was traveling
- Vehicle blind spots
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Inspection of roadway conditions
- Accident history on this roadway
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
Bus Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bus accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Congested roads
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
Our trusted and experienced bus accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bus accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.