- April 1, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Sacramento, CA – A 13-year-old was injured after being struck by a bus near the intersection of Northgate Boulevard and Wisconsin Avenue on Friday, April 1, 2022, around 7:50 a.m. According to California Highway Patrol, the driver of a Twin Rivers Unified School District Bus struck the teen.
The teen was taken to the hospital with injuries. Sacramento Officials are investigating the crash.
Last year, over 1 million children were hospitalized for bicycle-related accidents. In this accident, the family of the injured teen should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the crash. This includes reviewing:
- Vehicle blind spots
- Driving records
- The route the bus was traveling
- Recent maintenance history
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Video from restaurant, gas station, salon, convenience store, and auto parts store at this intersection
- Police accident reports
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Inspection of intersection
- Accident history at the intersection
- Evaluation if road is striped per code
- All Eyewitness accounts of the accident
Most bicycle accidents can be traced back to an inattentive driver.
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in bicycle accidents and have found that some common causes include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light)
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driver distracted by their phone
At The Barnes Firm, our experienced and trusted attorneys have helped more than 50,000 clients get the best possible result for their case. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of bicycle accident attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Intersection of Northgate Boulevard and Wisconsin Avenue