- June 24, 2022
- Barnes Admin
Brooklyn, NY – An 11-year-old boy was struck by an ice cream truck on Friday, June 24, 2022, at the intersection of Sutter Avenue and Hendrix Street.
According to police, 58-year-old Juan Remigio was driving onto the intersection when he struck an 11-year-old boy riding his bicycle. The boy was knocked to the ground and dragged by the ice cream truck. He was transported to the hospital with serious injuries. Remigio was charged with driving without a license and failure to yield.
Over 250,000 children are injured each year because of bicycle-related accidents. In this accident, the family of the injured child should have their investigative team evaluate all aspects surrounding the collision. This includes reviewing:
- Police accident report
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Inspection of road conditions
- Accident history on the road
- Evaluation if crosswalks are located and striped per code
- Timing of traffic signals
- Any video from homes located on this corner
- Video from the truck
- Route the truck was traveling
- Driver accident history
- Vehicle accident history
- Recent maintenance history
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible and have found some common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- A car turning directly in front of a bicyclist.
- A vehicle entering the street from a driveway or parking lot.
- Driver fails to yield at an intersection (running a stop sign or traffic light).
- Driver not paying attention while driving near a bicyclist.
- Driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Driver distracted by their phone
Our trusted and experienced bicycle accident attorneys have helped thousands of people injured in bicycle accidents get the best result possible. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.
Location of Crash – Sutter Avenue and Hendrix Street