11-year-old Girl Injured in Fairfield Crosswalk
- March 24, 2023
- Barnes Admin
11-Year-Old Girl Injured in Fairfield Crosswalk
Fairfield, CA – An 11-year-old girl was struck and injured in a crosswalk on Thursday, March 23, 3023. The accident occurred around 8 a.m. at the intersection of East Tabor Avenue and Blossom Avenue.
According to reports, the girl was walking in a crosswalk when she was hit by a Chevrolet Sedan. The driver of the sedan is believed to have been under the influence of alcohol and drugs. The driver also had children in her vehicle at the time of the accident. She was arrested for DUI, as well as child endangerment. The injured girl was taken to the hospital.
Each year, over 50,000 children are injured in pedestrian accidents in the United States. In this accident, the family of the injured child should hire an investigative team to evaluate all aspects surrounding this collision. This includes reviewing:
- Driver accident history
- Police accident report
- Vehicle accident history
- Any testing of driver for drugs and alcohol
- Any history of driver with drugs and alcohol
- Phone and texting records of the driver
- Any video evidence of the crash
- Evaluation if pavement markings are clear and up to code
- Evaluation is road signage is clear and up to code
- Evaluation if crosswalk is located and striped per code
- All eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Inspection of the road conditions
- Vehicle blind spots
- Driving records
- Accident history at this intersection
- Timing of traffic signals
Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
As one of America’s largest injury law firms, The Barnes Firm has helped many clients injured in pedestrian accidents get the best result possible. While handling several of these cases, attorneys at The Barnes Firm have found common causes of pedestrian accidents usually include one or more of the following:
- Texting and driving
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driving
- Alcohol or drug involvement
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact an experienced pedestrian accident attorney at The Barnes Firm. From the first phone conversation through to the final settlement, the team of attorneys at The Barnes Firm will work hard for you every step of the way.
Call (800) 800-0000 today for a FREE case evaluation. It could be the best call you make.