They’re so common that a child is hospitalized every three minutes because of a dangerous or defective toy. That adds-up to nearly 300,000 children treated each year for toy-related injuries.
What’s more concerning to doctors: an estimated 97% of all toy-related accidents go unreported.
Some dangerous toys are pulled-off store shelves before a child is injured, but many other hazards are ignored or not recognized until it’s too late. Some of the most common toys to cause injuries include:
- Bicycles, tricycles, and scooters
- Items with allergens (these can cause allergic reactions)
- Sharp objects (these can cause cuts and punctures)
- Toys with tiny parts (choking hazards)
- Toys with strings (suffocation hazards)
- Toys with potentially dangerous chemicals (various reactions)
Toys today are manufactured around the globe, and it’s more difficult than ever to determine how safe a toy is for a child. When potential hazards are not clearly labeled, parents may not be aware of the risks — and their children could suffer a serious injury.
At The Barnes Firm, our dangerous toy attorneys can help families get the best result possible. Our team has taken many large companies and toy manufacturers to court – and we’ve won. Call a dangerous toy lawyer for FREE case evaluation.
The Barnes Firm 1-(800) 800-0000